Second edition – An indispensable resource for you and your organization as you embark on the exciting and challenging journey of digital transformation
Ultimately, digital transformation is about driving business growth and success by the use of technology. It is about finding new and innovative ways to deliver value to your customers and to stay ahead of the competition. With the right tools, strategies, and mindset, you can emerge stronger and more competitive than ever before.
The Digital Transformation Playbook: What You Need to Know and Do is an anthology of insights from leading industry experts and thought leaders who share their knowledge on digital transformation with the rest of the world. It is an indispensable guide for you and your organization as you embark on the exciting digital transformation journey.
What’s new in the Second Edition
- Immersive format and design: An engaging new layout to enhance your reading experience.
- Key takeaways: Gain actionable insights with summarized key points after each article.
- Reflective Questions and Exercises: Deepen your understanding and application of concepts with tailored prompts.
- Streamlined categorization: Articles are now organized for easier navigation and comprehension.
- Acknowledgments Section: Catalogue of contributors who make this invaluable resource possible.
Paperback edition is now available.
Table of Contents
Pierre Le Manh
- The Digital Transformation Imperative
- Walk Before You Run: A Learning Curve in Digital Transformation
- Are You Willing and Ready to Embrace AI
- The Why of Digital Transformation
- Overcoming the Resistance to Behavioral Change
- The Heart of Digital Transformation
- Rethinking Business for the Digital Age
- How Established Companies Can Surf New Tech Waves
- Preempting Digital Disruption: The Nightmare Competitor Contest
- Disrupting the Disruptors: How Human Capital Makes or Breaks Digital Innovation
- The Five Questions to Answer in Your Digitalization Strategy
- Transformation in a Digital World
- Beyond Digital: Beyond Digital: Why Reimagination Is the New Execution
- How to Design and Unlock the Strategic Value of Your Transformation Office
- Joint Action Model
- Innovation at Speed at Scale: Competing in the Digital Era with the Flywheel Operating Model
- Securing Innovation and Antifragility as Part of Your Digital Transformation Strategy
- Pipelines to Platforms to Protocols: Reconfiguring Value and Redesigning Markets
- The Digital Transformation of Industrial Firms
- AI-Powered ESG: Our Chance to Make a Real Difference?
- Citizen Development: Bridging the Gap Between the Business and IT
Digital transformation has become an imperative. In today’s fast-paced, digital-first world, businesses of all sizes and industries must embrace digital technologies in order to stay competitive and relevant. This is true for a small business in Oregon just as much as it is for a large corporation in South Korea.
Successful digital transformation is a journey that requires a deep understanding of both technology and people. It is not just about investing in the latest tech tools but about finding the right technology for your business and then using it to transform your processes, people, and culture. The Digital Transformation Playbook: What You Need to Know and Do, created by the Brightline® Initiative of Project Management Institute and Thinkers50, offers a selection of insights and experiences from world-leading thinkers, as well as practical tools and frameworks to help leaders to deal with this complex and demanding process.
While digital transformation can lead to growth, scale, efficiency, and expansion for businesses of all sizes, it requires a commitment to learning and experimentation and the ability to adapt and pivot as needed. You will also need to consider the impact that digital technologies will have on your organization. Ultimately, digital transformation is about driving business growth and success by use of technology. It is about finding new and innovative ways to deliver value to your customers and to stay ahead of the competition. With the right tools, strategies, and mindset, you can emerge stronger and more competitive than ever before.
I believe The Digital Transformation Playbook: What You Need to Know and Do will be a valuable resource for you and your organization as you embark on this exciting and challenging journey.
Pierre Le Manh
President and CEO, Project Management Institute